Description: Air Supremacy is a research based media training company. We see media training (TV, Radio, Internet and Print) as a seamless service of expert media relations advice, key message preparation, rehearsal and media management before during and after the interview.
We know Media Training is about helping you formulate and deliver key messages to audiences, at a sensible price. Please look at the section on Courses and cost. You will see we are very competitive.
We operate both a single and double trainer courses. Air Supremacy recommend using 2 trainers to ensure the optimum use of the time available. We work with PR executives to tailor courses for individuals working at the highest level. We research our stories, we identify potential issues. We film and record relevant interviews in various styles and locations. We play-back offering constructive critique and advice on how best to present yourself .You learn what to expect from interviews, how to focus on key messages without being daunted by difficult questions in a bewildering broadcasting environment.
Our clients include household names ASDA(Wal-Mart), Barclays Bank, B&Q, Comet, British Gas, Kellogg's, RBS, Superdrug, Savills, Tiptree Jam; world famous organisations Swiss Re, PWC, Microsoft, Absolut Vodka and public bodies including the Gambling Commission, the Metropolitan Police.
Duration: Half Day. 1-3 Trainees
Cost: £See Fees & Terms
Our most popular course! This is a very intense half day for busy executives. The pace never lets up. We recommend 2 trainers.
Key message: "An interview is no time for an original thought."
· We start with a quick TV 1:1 interview, just to get you acclimatised. This is followed by a short lively presentation on effective PREPARATION, the key to a good interview. It covers delivery, editing, studios, audiences and messages. It forms the basis of good technique and will prove a handy template for the rest of the course.
· (Sound Bite Interview) Time for another interview. Novices may be quizzed about a highlight in their lives, a holiday or the birth of a child. This develops the concept of the key message and journalistic obsessions.
· Some people will prefer a Radio Interview (as live) to promote voice technique, and lively interesting use of language.
· More experienced interviewees move straight to a work related topic. This TV/Radio studio interview is discursive in style, and poses interesting delivery considerations.
· After each interview we play-back and make constructive observations on style, content and technique. We may look at YouTube footage of other interviews for inspiration. The internet has created limitless new opportunities and dangers.
· we can spend a few minutes on libel, ‘off the record’ and review the BBC and Ofcom regulations on the rights of interviewees, in the real world. (UK only)
· Making Words Work. The second sound bite interview. Another As Live 1:1 interview on a chosen subject - 4 or 5 news/current affairs stile questions. The trainee has to stay on message.
· Now there are choices and options. Some people may want instruction on Print Media, phone-calls, or a press conference?
· Lastly everyone has to do a 90 second ‘down the line’ interview (also called remote or 2 Way).
NB: The course is not intended to be a knowledge test, but nor is an interview just a filmed chat. JS
Duration: 1 Day (4-10 Trainees)
Cost: £See Fees & Terms
This one day course is ideal for a larger group, we recommend 2 trainers.
We start with a quick interview, just to get you acclimatised. This is followed by a short presentation on effective preparation –the key to a good interview and covers delivery, editing, studios, audiences and messages. It forms the basis of good technique and will prove handy for the rest of the day.
Time for another interview. Novices may be quized about some highlight in their lives, a holiday or the birth of a child. This develops the concept of the key message and journalistic obsessions (if you don’t know what this means its time you did the course!)
More experienced interviewees move straight to a work related topic. This interview is discursive in style, and poses interesting delivery considerations. Afterwards we watch the interviews and make constructive observations on style and technique.
NB: This is not intended to be a knowledge test, but nor is an interview just a filmed chat.
Late morning, there may be time for another interview or you may want to spend a few minutes on libel, ‘off the record’ and (for UK clients) the BBC and Ofcom regulations on the rights of interviewees. This is of particular value to anyone involved professionally with the broadcasters (Press Officers, lawyers etc).
After lunch we have choices. Perhaps you want a session on the print media or radio do’s and don’ts. Or we can move directly into more TV interviews. Again there are choices and options.
Very typical might be a studio debate with the trainees round a table taking ‘position’s on a matter of political or social importance. Other interviews for which a mixture of theory and practice are invaluable are ‘down the line’ interviews (also called remote or 2 Ways).
Some people need to practice phone-ins or dry-run a press conference and with all the playbacks and debate that ensure you will soon be at the end of a stimulating fun day of media training and well able to handle everyday encounters with the media.
Duration: Minimum 2 Hours
Cost: ££500ph + VAT & Expenses
Due on Newsnight tonight?
Call the INSTANT RESPONSE number
We ready you for any Breaking News interview. We test drive your key messages, do real time run-throughs and give you the practical skills to handle any live or pre-recorded 'Paxo' style interview.
As the Teddy Bear sort of said;
It's lovely down Wood Lane* today
But safer to stay at home.
If you go down Wood Lane today
You'd better not go alone
* BBC Television Centre
Leave it to the experts. Its no picnic!
Duration: Half Day or Full Day
Have you thought about booking one of our successful Media Master Classes? It is a very cost effective way of training groups in general media handling. These are fun (half day or full day) courses for people who don’t need intense Media Training, but need to be media-savvy just the same.
Media Master Classes are best when tailored to your special requirements. Call to discuss +44 207 371 9695. Price dependent on numbers, length and location (Guide Price £2000 for a half day workshop)
Duration: as required.
Cost: £Please call.
Team members are always on hand to provide professional advice on media related issues. With many years of experience between us Air Supremacy trainers are available for lectures and consultancy services, expecially the handling of 'hostile' media encounters.
Please contact email@example.com or +44 207 371 9695